PL | EN

University of Warsaw Foundation
Fundacja Uniwersytetu Warszawskiego

Investments

The primary goal of the Foundation is supporting the activities of the academic community and organizational units of the University of Warsaw, including: scientific research, publishing endeavors, development of the University’s resources, scientific cooperation and organization of conferences, cultural activity. This goal is pursued especially through financial and organizational support provided by the Foundation to the best projects, which are selected by way of competition.

Center for New Technologies (CeNT)

The project of the Center for New Technologies of the University of Warsaw encompasses the construction of two buildings for didactic purposes. The CeNT I building contains lecture halls and laboratories used by BA, MA and PHD students of biology, chemistry, biotechnology, informatics and environment protection. The CeNT II Building is used by the Department of Physics. The academic activity in the Center for New Technologies is focused on new technologies (biotechnology, biomedical and information technologies, etc.) and new materials. The p...

New building of the Department of Neophilology

  The University of Warsaw Foundation has financed the project of the new didactic building of the Department of Neophilology located at Dobra 55 in Warsaw's Powiśle. The Foundation donated 7 897 879,35 zl for the project prepared by an architectonic studio Kuryłowicz&Associated. The total space of the building will be 36.000 sqm. The first part of the investment was placed in use on October 2012.

Modernization of the Former Warsaw University Library

  The University of Warsaw Foundation has financed the project of modernization of the so-called Former Warsaw University Library building with a total of 1 643 081,47 zl. The project was prepared by Spółka z o.o. Pracownie Konserwacji Zabytków "Zamek". The modernized building was placed in use on May 25th, 2005.

Gardener's House

  The University of Warsaw Foundation has financed the construction of an administrative and technical building of Warsaw University Library. The building, located at Dobra 68/70 street and known as Gardener’s House, is also the seat of the Foundation. It was placed in use on August 5th, 2003.

Warsaw University Library

The University of Warsaw Foundation has financed the construction of the new building of Warsaw University Library (BUW) located at the corner of Dobra and Lipowa streets in Warsaw’s Powiśle. The building was open on December 15th, 1999. It’s total indoor area is 60.000 sqm, including 40.000 sqm of library shelf and storage space (extendable to 50.000 sqm). The building is able to store 5 million of volumes and meets all requirements of a university library of the 21st century.

Contact

Location and correspondence address:
The University of Warsaw Foundation
Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28
00-927 Warsaw

NIP: 525-15-69-220
Regon: 001323248


Gardener's House

Location of the Foundation’s Office:
Gardner’s House, room 1.4
Dobra 68/70
00-312 Warsaw
phone number: +4822 5520882
fax number: +4822 8267948

Staff:
mgr Karolina Żardecka-Górska
Head of the Foundation’s Office
mobile: +48 784006296

mgr Dorotea Alexandroff
e-mail: dorotea.alexandroff@fuw.pl

Bank account number:
PKO Bank Polski SA XIV O/W-wa, ul. Kruczkowskiego 6
30 1020 1156 0000 7502 0008 7213
SWIFT: BPKOPLPW